Monday 17 December 2012

Brown paper and doily Christmas wrapping

This Christmas I decided to try some alternatives to the same ole Christmas wrapping paper.
I googled some things and came across an idea of using simple brown paper prettied up with some doilies, and decided to try it for myself.
Here are my wrapped pressies so far. I think they look so pretty and I like that they're different from the wrapping you normally see.
As you can see, I made a doily envelope too as one of my presents was just a voucher and I wanted something pretty to put it in.


I think it looks lovely.

 I'm very happy with how they turned out and I can't wait  to give them to people and see what they think.
And aswell as looking lovely, they were just as inexpensive as wrapping paper, if not cheaper.
I bought the brown paper in Easons for .89cent, a pack of 36 doilies for a euro and the twine in Easons aswell for 1.50. Now I just wish I had more presents to wrap.

I also used some of the doilies as Christmas decorations by hanging them on string across the ceiling - another great use for paper doilies.

Have a great Christmas everyone!!


3 comments:

  1. Love the vintage style of this wrapping - beautiful idea !!
    Lots of fun with your blog !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute wrapping. I love the brown paper look and will be doing something similar this year (if I can get my act together!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are great! I love using brown craft paper to wrap my presents... I do it every year!

    PS. new follower of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete