Thursday 7 March 2013

Craft Project: Kind of Fail!



For my March crafty project, I decided to do some quote art. I’m always seeing quote/ song lyric wall art on Pinterest and I love it. I wanted to try something like the one I saw on A Beautiful Mess.

However, instead of sticking letters onto a painting and painting over a solid colour, then removing the letters, I thought I’d try putting the letters on first, then doing a little painting. And, am, it didn’t turn out as I hoped. You can’t really see the quote unless you’re standing really really close. I think the colours in the painting were a bit too light. 




I tried to fix it by outlining the letters in black. That just made it worse ha. 

I like the idea though, I might try it again and do a painting with dark colours so the white will show up better. Yay, another excuse for me to make a mess.

Jen x

Ps. I know I’m not exactly the next Michelangelo, but I love painting so I don’t mind I’m not that good at it, it’s fun! Everyone should paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment