Friday 25 January 2013

5 Crafty Things to Do with..... Crochet Roses

Hello, todays five crafty things is things to do with crocheted roses. It doesn't have to be specifically roses or crocheted, any flower or craft would do - knitted, crocheted, felted- whatever takes your fancy. I choose roses because they're so easy to make and only take like five minutes so I've a million of them lying around the place.

1.  Make a ring.
 I made this ring by taking my small crocheted rose and simply attaching it to a blank ring base (I got some on ebay). Very simple, and I think it makes a lovely ring. You could also make the rose smaller or larger, and you can make them in any colour you wish!!







2.    Make a headband.

I made a large white rose, then crocheted a simple band and attached the rose securely to it. And that's a headband with a crochet rose!! I think it would make a cute headband for a baby!







3.   Make a picture with it.

This is a picture I put on Etsy for Valentine's Day (it sold Sunday, yay!!). I was trying to think of something to do with this old frame I had lying around and came up with this, a framed red rose. I stitched the rose, stem, and leaves onto a piece of white fabric, then attached the fabric onto the frame!!
 4. Use them as buttons.
This is a little clutch I have on Etsy at the moment (you can find it here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/121498873/crochet-clutch-in-blue-with-magnetic). I used a magnetic clasp to close it and it looked kinda ugly when it was closed, so I thought I'd use a flower to cover it and make it look like a sort of button. I like it!




5. Use to decorate a pillow/ cushion.

I came across this on Pinterest, I think its gorgeous. I'm definately going to try this. The tutorial for it can be found here: http://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/better-homes-gardens/craft/articles/a/-/14613324/how-to-make-a-crochet-flower-pillow/#. The cushion cover in the tutorial is knitted but I think I'll just buy a plain, neutral coloured one and stitch my roses onto that!! Very excited to try it!




And there you have it, five simple, pretty things to do with crochet roses, or any type of flowers.
Coming up next week, five crafty things to do with..... square pieces of paper!!!

Thanks for reading,
Jen x

4 comments:

  1. Think those are all lovely. Gave up crocheting a long time ago, because there was too much counting involved and I couldn't watch TV too! Toys are much easier to accommodate.

    Dropping by from the Blogging Buddies Team on Etsy to follow you: hope to see you at my place sometime soon.

    Isobel: www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet ideas. Love the cushion best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love the cushion, I can't wait to try it myself!

      Delete