Monday 14 January 2013

5 Crafty Things to Do with..... Paper Doilies

I love doilies, and here are five crafty things you can do with the very inexpensive paper ones you can get in any euro shop.

1. Make some doily art!!

I cut up a doily into pieces, glued onto the paper, and drew a lady dancing!!
I'm terrible at drawing, but I think it's a cute idea and there are loads of things you could do and draw something spectacular.









2. Have some doily decor.


Why not brighten up a space with some doily decor. Simply fold doilies in half and put across a piece of string. I have my string hanging across two lampshades. Simple but nice.










3. Spruce up a boring lampshade.


Here I used my doilies to cover a boring brown lampshade that I have. I cut four or five doilies in half, put a small bit of glue on the tops, just enough to stick, and stuck them around the lampshade starting from the bottom. The bottoms of the doilies aren't glued so it gives it a nice ripply type affect. I've seen loads of doily lampshades on Pinterest that are a bit better looking then mine, so there's loads of different options you can try.



4. Use them to decorate boring presents, copies, or any other stationary type things.

This is the wrapping that I used for my Christmas presents this year. I used simple brown paper and decorated them with doilies. I thought they were really unique and different than the traditional wrapping paper. I also used doilies to decorate a plain copy that I have. Very pretty.









5. Use them as placemats.

If your having a dinner party, paper doilies look lovely as a placemats, or you could just have a large one in the middle of the table. There are lovely examples on Pinterest.

I hope you enjoyed my five crafty things to do with paper doilies. Coming up next, five crafty things to do with crochet roses.

Jen x

1 comment: